Wuttisan Wongtalay murdered his 11-month-old daughter on Facebook LIVE then committed suicide in Thailand

Wuttisan Wongtalay used Facebook LIVE to broadcast the murder of his 11-month-old daughter before he committed suicide

  • Wongtalay put two videos on his personal Facebook account showing the murder

  • The two videos remained on Facebook for just over 24-hours

  • Wongtalay committed suicide after he committed the murder

  • It is reported that Wongtalay murdered the child out of fear his wife was going to leave him

Wuttisan Wongtalay used Facebook LIVE to broadcast the murder of his 11-month-old daughter in an abandoned hotel in the seaside town of Phuket, Thailand.

Wongtalay recorded the murder in two video clips before taking his life. Wongtalay’s suicide was not filmed with the Facebook LIVE feature, but he was found next to his daughter’s body.

The disturbing footage shows Wongtalay’s daughter Natalie in a bright pink dress crying as he ties a rope around her neck. Wongtalay then drops the toddler off of the roof of the abandoned hotel.

It was reported that Wongtalay murdered the toddler out of fear that his wife Jiranuch Triratana was going to leave him. Triratana told Reuters that she had been living with Wongtalay for over a year. The relationship started out fine, but over time he became violent and would hit Triratana’s 5-year-old son. Wongtalay was not the father of the 5-year-old.

On Tuesday, Triratana had feared something was wrong after she came home and realized Wongtalay had left with their daughter Natalie.

The two videos remained on Facebook for roughly 24-hours before being removed by Facebook on Tuesday.

The murder of 11-month-old Natalie comes at a difficult time for Facebook. The social media site has been under heavy scrutiny over suicides, murders and sexual assaults that have been recorded via the Facebook LIVE feature.

While these horrifying videos make up only a small percentage of live videos filmed with the Facebook LIVE feature, these videos normally go viral and overshadow many of the other live videos going out through the platform.

Facebook has been looking into ways to tighten their security to prevent these disturbing videos from being seen by the Facebook community. Just days ago Colleen Ferreri used Facebook LIVE to broadcast her suicide as police tried to negotiate with her.

Before that, a nationwide manhunt began for Steve Stephens after he posted a video of him shooting and killing 74-year-old Robert Godwin to his Facebook page where it was viewed for just over two hours before it was removed. Even though it was removed, the video was saved and uploaded to Facebook by numerous Facebook pages, making it tough to contain.

Initially, law enforcement believed that Stephens had used the Facebook LIVE feature when he committed the murder, but a spokesperson for Facebook later stated that the video was not a live broadcast. Instead, Stephens recorded the murder with his cell phone and later uploaded it to his Facebook page.



About Meko Haze

Meko Haze is an independent journalist by day... and an independent journalist by night.

Leave a Reply

Like us on Facebook!