Terry And Chaundra Thompson Out On Bail After Indictment For The Murder Of John Hernandez

Terry and Chauna Thompson out on bail after being indicted for the murder of John Hernandez

  • On the Thursday a Grand Jury made the decision to indict the deputy and her husband

  • The Thompson’s turned themselves into the Harris County Jail on Thursday after the announcement

  • As of Friday the Thompson’s were out on bail after paying a $100,000 bond each

Deputy Chauna Thompson and her husband Terry are out on bail after being indicted by a Grand Jury on Thursday for the murder of 24-year-old John Hernandez.

The couple turned themselves into the Harris County Jail after the Grand Jury’s decision to indict was announced. The couple remained in jail overnight until posting their bonds on Friday.

“We believe that this grand jury true bill is a reflection of our community’s belief that a crime occurred, and that crime was murder and it was participated by Terry Thompson and his wife Deputy Chauna Thompson,” said Harris County DA Kim Ogg.

What Happened

The altercation that led to Hernandez’s death began at a Texas Denny’s when Terry Thompson confronted him for urinating in the parking lot.

The Thompson’s attorney claims Hernandez threw the first punch, but there is no evidence to support that claim at this time. Video emerged and quickly went viral showing Terry on top of Hernandez choking him as he gurgled and frantically kicked his legs. Chauna is seen in the video pinning Hernandez’s arm to the ground.

Hernandez stopped breathing, and Chauna performed CPR. EMS arrived and took Hernandez to the hospital where he would live for three days on life support before passing away.

The couple’s bond was set at $100,000 each. Chauna has been pulled from her patrol responsibilities and assigned desk duty. If convicted of Hernandez’s murder, the Thompson’s face five years to life in prison.



About Meko Haze

Meko Haze is an independent journalist by day... and an independent journalist by night.

Leave a Reply