Talyn Roades officially charged with breaking Wichita infant’s arms.

Talyn Roades has been charged for putting 1-year-old in the hospital with multiple broken bones.

  • Baby Ciana is said to be in a full body cast, but expected to make a full recovery.

  • Ciana’s father is the only one allowed to see her at this time.

  • Supporters plan on holding a protest tomorrow morning at the Wichita DCF building.

Tuesday afternoon, a 21-year-old Wichita man was arrested after a 1-year-old infant was taken to the hospital with two broken arms and a skull fracture. Talyn Roades has officially been charged with the vicious attack.

This is the second time Baby Ciana had injuries brought to DCF’s attention.

Courtney Martin claims she was at work when the incident occurred. Roades was watching Baby Ciana at the time the injuries occurred. Roades claimed the infant had fell down the stairs. A claim he had made before when a bruise of a hand print appeared on Ciana’s left cheek.

The Kansas Department for Children and Families and the Wichita Police Department were involved in the investigation into the bruise. A relative of Martin told TDH that three suspects were investigated, but Roades was not one of them.

The agencies decided that the bruise was not enough evidence to continue the investigation. The incident was said to have occurred roughly two months before Ciana’s current injuries. TDH reached out to the Kansas DCF for comment but have yet to receive a response.

Martin is not allowed to see Baby Ciana at this time.

Ciana was taken to Wesley Medical Center by vehicle, where she remains. At this time, Ciana’s father is the only one allowed to see Ciana. Martin will not be able to bring Ciana home unless she can prove that she was not involved in the incident.

Ciana suffered two broken arms, one of which was broken in two places, and a skull fracture. She is in a full-body cast, and at this time seems she will be able to recover from her injuries, but due to the severity of her injuries, it will take time.

The family of Martin claims that they had no clue Roades had been abusing Ciana. Roades claimed to be a pacifist who preferred to argue over fighting. Since the incident with Ciana, at least one former girlfriend has come forward alleging that Roades was physically abusive towards her.

Roades was initially charged with suspicion of aggravated battery and child talynabuse. The Sedgwick County Jail informed TDH that he did attend his first hearing by video and is charged with Aggravated Battery with Great Bodily Harm, and Child Abuse. Roades next court date has not been scheduled at this time.

Justice for Ciana.

Supporters of Baby Ciana have organized a protest for tomorrow morning at Wichita’s DCF building at 2601 S. Oliver. The event is called Justice for Ciana and will begin at 10:00 am.

Those wishing to go are asked to bring their own signs to demand that DCF does not neglect their responsibility to Ciana for a second time. If DCF had done their job two months ago when the first report was made, Ciana might not be hospitalized now.



About Meko Haze

Meko Haze is an independent journalist by day... and an independent journalist by night.

Leave a Reply

Like us on Facebook!